Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thoreau

Just completing my third snow day in a row. We received 13" of snow Tuesday night. I was working on-line when suddenly..................... Twenty-four hours of feeding a generator to power two space heaters, lighting a lot of candles, finding our campstove, cooking a backpacking gourmet meal (can dried food be gourmet?), calling the power company, hiking back and forth to the gas station for more fuel and assisting neighbors with plowing our driveways. Thoreau had nothing on my wife and I.
I did notice a curious item, why do people blow the snow from their driveways into the street making the street impassible? Why not blow the snow into their own front yards? Our neighbor did get yelled at for plugging up the street so out he went to clear the street. I did get almost get caught up today. Sun was out and it was beautiful.

No comments: