Saturday, January 21, 2012

Timing

Those familiar with Vicki and I know that since 2004 Brasil has been near and dear to our hearts. Four short-term trips have changed our view of life and the Christian walk forever. We have been planning a return since about this time last year and as of a few minutes ago that trip was confirmed. Tickets were purchased for a trip later this year. What I find amazing is that we have always had to fly all the way south to Rio or Sao Paulo and then back north to Belem and on to Altamira. I had been watching prices for the last three or four months and there was a cheap flight that went through Manaus! Peoria to Chicago, Chicago to Miami, Miami to Manaus and Manaus to Belem with no flight longer than 5.5 hours! That is truly a blessing. Today, all the flights out of Peoria to Manaus were gone AND the price of a ticket was up. Semi-beat, I started looking at the flights to Rio and Sao Paulo and felt myself needing a nap. Bloomington. What? Bloomington. I had just read a newspaper article where the writer was complaining about prices out of Peoria always being higher than prices out of Bloomington. Tried it, boom! There was the very same flight I had been watching earlier except now flying Bloomington to Chicago instead of Peoria to Chicago the trip was $60 per ticket less. God is good. Now, I only have to worry about going through customs in a city (Manaus) where I have never traveled. Time for a new adventure.

No comments: