Saturday, July 14, 2018

August 1964: Bemidji, MN

Don't know the name of the Bemidji resort where we stayed but this a view. Our cabin with the McMullins is pictured below. 1964, Donnie Pflederer, Neil McMullin and I slept on the front porch. I distinctly remember Don Pflederer being up and out fishing every morning around 4:00 a.m. or so which is what he was used to as a morning paperboy. Funny how I don't remember being crowded in this small space with 7 people. We were outside all the time.


 Don't know why most older pictures aren't close enough to see our faces. Anyway, Don Pflederer is on the left, Neil McMullin, center and Rich (me) on the right. I believe this was on a day we went to see Red Lake. I always love fashion, notice my blue jeans were bought long enough that I would be able to wear them for length through high school.

 Real purpose of "vacation" in Minnesota, catch as many fish as possible. Henry Schurter on the left and George McMullin on the right. They are holding a stringer of fish between them. Fishing was a nearly 24 hour a day job while staying there. If I remember correctly Uncle Jesse and Aunt Esther and Sally were in another cabin across a small bay from us. There was a road that took you there also. This was my only Minnesota trip in memory. My older siblings remember these as an annual trip.

No comments: