Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who Knows?


This flower has grown under the care, feeding, and nurturing of my wife and our Creator. Last Sunday our pastor addressed the question, "Who knows how we will end up?" He discussed the erosion of faith in our country because the economic crisis, the relentless battering of the media, and the lack of understanding by Christians that they are God's children. "The world may fall apart but we know where we will end up. The God of tomorrow is the God of today. As we walk with Him we know Him more and more so we trust Him more and in times of crisis what is inside us becomes the outside." These words struck me deeply. Because of the lack of depth in my spiritual walk with the Lord I become easily frustrated with our culture. I become angry with political leaders, economic leaders and life in general. I forget upon Whom and what my foundation is built. I can only influence those I am in contact with and my life must reflect the joy and hope I find in the Lord. "God came to give us confidence to take a stand. Today we tend to live in fear, we are called to live in the confidence of a creator who has promised to guide us AND direct us." We must be confident to step into the future and walk with Him and walk like Him. " from Tim Bias and I John 3)

No comments: