Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting There

I really don't like heights anymore. I have just finished installing the roof on our new garage and I am sooooooo glad to have my feet planted on the ground. From the photo you can also see that I have finished installing the last gable end studs on the second floor. To give an idea of the height, my nine foot step ladder fits under the cross pieces toward the upper part of the interior. It is still a good thing for me to keep doing some things that stretch my confidences. They help me think things through, always plan for an emergency (if your plank snaps, lay flat and in five feet another plank will stop your fall) and never get in a rush to finish. With school about to start these are probably pretty good steps to remember in my classroom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: