Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time

Do you ever find time in short supply? I noticed it has been nearly a month since I last posted. How to summarize........a Dad in and out of his assisted living to ICU to a hospital room to a nursing home room, to ICU again, hospital room and now back to the nursing home. A wife having a biopsy (good report :-) ). A difficult class at school. Starting a 9 month study program with ten other men at church. Oh, a house remodel that has been stalled while I adjust to getting other things done. Thoreau wondered, does a person own things or do they own him? The older I get the easier it is to answer, I am owned.

The good news is that fall is here. The colors, the cool weather, an end to mowing, the harvest, raking leaves. I love this time of year. The God of creation is doing good work outside and in. ;-)

No comments: