Thursday, October 13, 2016

Peace

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27

Yes, I've gone back in time to August 2016 for the link. I'm trying to set a context for the WCA from the perspective of a layperson who attended. It is hard to explain why I believe Orthodox Christianity is so important to the UMC future. Our culture doesn't want to take time to study Scripture or the Church Fathers, most of us, self included, tend to want to place our interests over God's interests. The Wesleyan Covenant Association is simply a call to Orthodoxy within believers and from our church leaders who assumed those positions, at least publicly, agreeing to the UMC Book of Discipline. The UMC tradition is that Scripture provides the Truth from which we are called to model our behavior. Every one of us is born flawed, it is only through acceptance of the gift of faith through Jesus Christ that we can begin the journey to overcome those flaws.


http://goodnewsmag.org/2016/08/why-the-wesleyan-covenant-association/

No comments: