Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall

Field trip with our American Studies students to the Lincoln Museum and then New Salem. Beautiful day with sun and temperatures in the mid-40s. I have observed this cabin at New Salem on previous trips but today the sun and shadows really struck me. I stepped up on a table and snapped several shots. I like the shadows in this photo. Fall really is a time of year when the shining sun produces scenes we don't get to see until that brief time in the spring. The light reveals a different perspective on a scene.
I am reminded that I also need to take a new perspective on things. I should look at my busy list of things to do from a new perspective (different angle). Always looking from the same perspective may mean I miss an opportunity to view a task from a different point of view. Anyway, it was a great day to be outside, students were excellent and we all returned safely.

No comments: