Wednesday, August 30, 2017

School Memories: Helen (Adcox) Schurter

I hope everyone reading this does a better job of labeling photos so those of us seventy or eighty years later can figure out who the family member in the picture actually is. I don't have a year for this great image, I don't have any idea why they are all dressed as they are but this photo was a post card. Names on the back of the picture were in the same order as I type them below. Maybe a family member will stumble upon this site and contact me.
9/1/17 update: I made a "comment" about this but not sure how many will read it so I decided to edit the post: Skip and Phyllis Stuber believe that the front row starting on left side is Yeatman Adcox and then moving to the right across; back row starting on left side is "Baptist" Bennie Miller and moving to the right across. Those of you with additional information/corrections please comment. The Stuber's had no idea why the picture was taken.

Bennie Miller                                              Yeatman Adcox
Leonard Unsicker                                        Francis Mc ?
Charles Riley                                               Russell Becker
Ellsworth Ioder                                            Carl Hoffman
Raymond Hodgson                                      Kenneth Moss
Hiram Roher                                                Vernon Pflederer
Robert Koch                                                 Homer Hampton

Dec. 1, 1937  "Dear Helen, Remember me little, remember me big, remember me as a little pig. Your T.C.h.S. classmate, Audrey Humpfrey"

Dec. 1, 1937 "Dear Helen, Poor ink, poor pen, can't think, Amen! Your freshman classmate, Louise Bodie"

Dec. 1, 1937 "Dear Helen, With love to one of the nicest of my classmates.  Jean Patterson"

Dec. 7, 1937 "Dear Helen:  In your chimney of fortune, count me as a brick.  A friend, Ana Lee Benson"

December 3, 1937 "Dear Helen: On this pretty page of white, I will sign my name for spite. Your schoolmate at T.C.H.S., Doris Powell"

"Dear Helen, As you slide down the banister of life, remember me as a splinter in your "career." Your friend, Jim Weeks"

April 30, 1938 "Dear Helen, When you get old and cannot see, put on your specks and think of me.  Your sister, Imo"

December 7, 1937 "Dear Helen, Forget me not, forget me never. Till the Golden Sun Sets forever.  Your friend, Dixie Mae Benson"

Dec. 1, 1937 "Dear Helen, "Monkey, monkey climbed a tree, pull his tail and think of me. Yours till camels swim on the Sahara Desert. Your Schoolday friend, Dorothy Bertsch"

Dec. 7, 1937 "Dear Helen: When the golden sun is setting, and your mind from care is free, when of others you are thinking, won't you sometimes think of me? Remember the good times we had in school. (if any)  Your school pal, Marilynn Weeks"




No comments: