Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Schurter History 1939: Henry Schurter Ledger Posts part 3


 I believe the payments to Dan at the top of this page were for the loan to buy the CAT D 4 that Dad operated. $308.25 was paid in May alone which was pretty good money for 1939 and this was just on a loan. I hope that some of Dan's children may read this and be able to "comment" on the "6 hours digging cellar." Dan lived southwest of the John Schurter farm and I'm not sure what cellar unless Dan put in a root cellar on his property. Help? I also found it interest that Dad often wrote "paided in full" instead of paid in full, 

 Not sure where the Frank Albert farm was located but he must have had hilly land that needed work to reduce erosion.

 I noticed that Dan collected the "working on road 3 days" money. This was probably another tractor payment.

No comments: