Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fruit of the Spirit


Church today was tough. Galatians 5: 22 - 6:2. Did you ever think about the church exhibiting the fruit of the spirit? We are called to be witnesses of the work Christ is doing in our lives. I was hit between the eyes when our pastor commented how many believers are concerned that visitors pass the beliefs test before being considered worthy. They must understand and adhere to the "party line" as visitors instead of us treating them as visitors with thoughts of their own. Christians need to initially accept visitors for what they are . . . visitors. We can dialogue on wide variety of topics initially without an "I'm right and you are wrong" mentality taking over. We should be gentle in allowing the Truth of the word to penetrate their heart, mind, and body. God has never needed our help in communicating when change is needed in an individual's life. Two things stay in my mind; how am I doing exhibiting the fruits of the spirit and how is my church doing? Thank you, Dr. Bias, for challenging me to think bigger than I normally would.

No comments: